Flaker

Sending Your Resume To A Job Posted On Craigslist  Top

• Before sending your personal information to an anonymous email address or to a company that posts an ad without a contact/customer name, consider this: (it has worked for me)

1. Create a yahoo account just to be used for craigslist then create an account on craigslist. Now you anything you post will have an anonymous reply email address.
    2. Create a generic resume (objective, education level, industry and responsibilities) and post on craigslist. Do not put any personal information, not even your cell number.
    3. Go back to your email and pull up ad.
    4. Right click on ad, then click on properties (will display a link to this ad).
    5. Copy the link and save it in a word or excel document.

Anytime I respond to a job posting, I copy the link and send that with a brief letter:

To Whom It May Concern:

I am writing to express my interest in the XXX posistion posted on craigslist.org. Due to the high degree of fraudulent job postings on this site, I have elected to forward a link to my online resume explaining my experience and skills.

Should you feel I am a good candidate for this position, please contact me via email. Please include contact/company name and a link to your website. Once received and reviewed I will be happy to forward my formal resume.

Thank you for your understanding and consideration.

Very truly yours,
    My Initials

Resume Link

I have gotten responses from legitimate companies that have a positions to fill. I was then able to verify the company and contact information. I also created filters in my email for any mail responses from yahoo, hotmail, etc. so that it will go directly into my trash or spam folder for me to review at a later time.

Hope this helps.
  • Oh! Thank you! What a great idea. In this job market, we are trying desperately to find jobs by using whatever means available. I had been wary of applying for jobs on Craig's List, but have been using it anyway. I applied for a job this morning that turned out to be a scam. Fortunately, I recognized the e-mail for being a scam and that's how I found this site; however, I wondered whether I should continue using Craig's List to apply for jobs. Your suggestion will help alleviate many concerns I have about using CL for job searches.
  • I've been using Craigslist to search for work for a long time and haven't had any real problems. In fact, I've gone to numerous interviews from jobs posted on CL. Don't get discouraged; however, you need to be careful when they ask for credit report or other personal information. I found this site after getting a scam email too.
  • Since early March, whenever I posted my resume or responded to a post on CL, within an hour my spam file is full. I never had a problem with monster, but careerbuilder is getting just as bad as CL.
  • Guess what, guys. I applied to an Administrative Assistant to CareerBuilder and Craigslist and Monster, etc. AND... I just received another f...g email asking for my credit report. Last week I got an email from Mark Walker. This one is from Amy Young from walkerinteriordesign.com, and it reads

After reading through countless resumes, we've decided you'd be perfect for this position!
    We'd love to make you part of our staff. However, we'll need a couple things before we can hire you. The hiring process is split up into three parts--a preliminary credit check, a face-to-face interview, and a background check.

The credit check is now company policy in all hiring processes, to ensure the seriousness of the applicant. Your credit score will NOT affect any decisions on employment. So don't worry... it's just a first step to get to know you better.

Click here to get your free credit report. This part is required. Once this is done, simply send us the transaction ID # you get, and we'll set you up for an interview in the next couple days.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Amy L. Young
    Walker Interior Design
    www.walkerinteriordesign.com

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • I have been using CL for jobs for about 5 years now, and have always found good jobs there. The last job I found there was for sales associate/receptionist and was a good company and I had an awesome boss. I was at that job for almost a year before they closed their doors due to the economy.
    This time I have been receiving nothing but scams. I also got one from Amy L. Young and Mark Walker as well wanting my credit report. I am talking with someone for a job right now, but can't tell if it's a scam or not. This is what he sent me.

Hello Applicant,

My name is Pedro Swartz,48yrs old,married with 2 kids.Am a property management maintaining and managing apartment units, single family residential homes, condos and commercial properties..The company's duty is to know that your assets are not just being overseen, but actively managed to increase their value over time gives you the kind of peace of mind many investors find essential.

I need someone to work with me from his or her home as personal assistant to monitor and keep me up to date with my activities.

Duties and Requirements:

Process all owner distribution batches – print checks, statements and mail on a timely basis.
    Assisting with management of employee's.
    checking store supplies and placing orders
    Process rental applications in Resident Data.
    Type various letters ,Prepare 3 Day Notices.
    Retrieve and process faxes
    Send unpaid rent notifications to tenants.
    Deposit and monitor payments of all owner contributions.

Available during regular business hours Organized and able to take
    instructions well Dependable, Reliable, Trustworthy a must Excellent

English language skills (both spoken and written)
    Must have good attention to detail
    Must be a problem solver and not a problem maker
    Have great work ethic and attitude, as well as people skills
    pay-attention to detail, capable of multi-tasking, and works well under stress at times.

BENEFITS :

- Yearly performance bonus
    - Paid vacation/sick/personal days
    - Medical benefits

Working hours:Mon-Friday

Total Hours (Per Week):20hours

Salary:$300 weekly($1200 monthly)

This position is home-based and flexible part time job,you can be in any location you will be working from your home doing all the activities.

Am out of state for business trip and I will be back by the 1st week of May,2011.Before that i want you to start working for me and I do have a number of things you could help me with this new week if you will be available to start.This can act as a stable foundation to our working relationship.

I have first task waiting for you to know if you are ready to work.I want to know if you have any of this office equipments list you need to start this position:

Printer:
    Personal Laptop/Desktop:
    Internet Access:
    Scanner:
    Fax machine:
    Laminator:
    Paper Cutter:
    Calculator:

If you have any of this office equipments let me know also fill the application form below.

APPLICATION FORM

First Name :
    Last Name:
    Full Street Address(not po box) :
    City, State, Zip Code:
    Cell Phone Number:
    Home Phone Number:
    Email:
    Sex:

Yahoo Messenger ID:

Note:If you do not have yahoo ID set-up one to chat with me online.

Nationality___________________

Current Job:__________________________

Are you eligible to work in the United States?Yes____ No_____

If you are under age 18, do you have an employment/age certificate?Yes ___ No___

POSITION/AVAILABILITY:

Position Applied For_________________

How often do you check your email:______________

Specify the hours that you will be available if my schedule doesn't work with the hours I requested.

Days/Hours Available:

Monday___
    Tuesday ____
    Wednesday____
    Thursday____
    Friday____
    Saturday____
    Sunday____
    Hours Available: from_______ to______

What date are you available to start work?________________

Regards,

Pedro Swartz

W : http://www.prideonepropertymanagement.com/ (Under construction)
    E : Greatwork1@live.com

When I asked him if this job was real and not some scam, he promised me it was a real job. When I asked him if there was any way he could prove it before I said yes, because if it is real, I will start immediately. He never responded to me after that.

Thank God I have an actual job interview with address and everything for an awesome job that I did get off of CL. There are some good ones on there. You just got to be lucky enough to find one.
  • Of course he didn't respond. He knew you were onto him. That ruined his entire scam. icon_biggrin

Good luck with your job interview!! I hope you get the job. Keep us posted.

~FM

--------------------
    Frosted Flakes Are Filling!

• Pedro Swartz is also Graham Guzman or "Graham Guzm" as he mistakenly calls himself. Here is the message I got in response to my application.

I also called him out on being a scam and he responded within minutes saying it was real. I emailed him back pointing out some facts and a link to flakelist and I haven't gotten a response back yet. I also called him out on being both Pedro and Graham.

What is up with these fake job listings?!
    ----------

Good Day!

Hope you're having a pleasant day? You contacted me applying for the position which I advertised on Craigslist.

Do take time to go through this introductory mail and feel free to pass any questions on.

Graham Guzm is my name. I am a Senior Project Manager and my responsibilities include the day-to-day

oversight for the planning, design, pre-construction and construction process through project completion. My

responsibilities also includes preparing responses for proposal requests from various outside sources.

Graham Guzm’s Specialties:

I have experience in office building construction including government projects (both Tenant Improvement and

Base Building design and construction), and commercial clients (Starbucks, Lockheed Martin, SiloSmashers,

Starbucks). In addition I have been the Project Manager for third party parking garages located at the University

of Maryland and St. Joseph Medical Center. I also have little knowledge about photography and i often hold

lectures on construction as a subject as it is the rudiment of civil engineering and it's an aspect that is of great

importance to civil engineering which is my profession. I have been into civil engineering for over 30 years and at

the moment, I am in a work right now in Japan As nuclear Engineering authorities to avert a nuclear meltdown,

so i will be here for a month because we are working aggressively to support our Japanese ally at this time of

extraordinary challenge after which I will fly down to our Headquarters in Pennsylvania for a report and series of

lectures with some students. I bring a unique teaching style to students which will guarantee creative and fun

learning by all civil engineering students while elevating them to new, exciting engineering heights that they have

only dreamed of.

YOUR DUTIES AS MY OFFICE ASSISTNACE/ PERSONAL ASSISTANT.

While I am out of the states, I need some one who can stand in the gap for me. His/her duties will be the following.

1.To receive letters and mails on my behalf.
    2.Receive checks and money orders from clients who want to attend the forth coming workshops or Live shows.
    3.Schedule appointments for me.
    4.Book my flight tickets.
    5.Send letters and mails from my clients.

This position is home-based and flexible part time job,you can be in any location to carry out any of the activities.

All you need do is to check your emails twice daily and keep your phone on most times in case i might need to call

you from anywhere i may be.I do have a number of things you could help me with this week if you will be

available to start.This can act as a stable foundation to our working relationship.Let me know if you have any of

the office equipment (If not, I will make arrangements to send them to your address)

Printer:
    Personal Laptop/Desktop:
    Internet Access:
    Scanner:
    Fax machine:
    Laminator:
    Paper Cutter:

For proper review(since i am not available now to set up a face-to-face interview) supply out correctly the

information below:

Why did you apply for this job?

Do you have any knowledge of Receptionist/Admin Personal Assistance job because it involves money

management?

Can you check your email messages at least 3 times daily?

Do you have a Yahoo messenger or MSN messenger for chatting Online?

Do you have a chatting email address and can you chat online with customers?

what is your current job?

FIRST NAME ...................... SURNAME...................
    ADDRESS Not P.O.BOX Address .................
    CITY ............STATE............................
    ZIP CODE............COUNTRY..................
    PHONE NUMBER (S) ........................
    Email....................

Scanned copy of your ID:(You can provide that later when you are employed)

Note: It will be of added advantage if you can provide 2 references from your past employment.

Qualification:
    1.Educational background is not a criteria.
    2.You must be Organized and able to take instructions well Dependable, Reliable, Trustworthy a must
    3.Must have excellent English language skills (both spoken and written)
    4.Have great work ethic and attitude, as well as people skills, pay-attention to detail, capable of multi-tasking, and

works well under stress at times.

Benefits:
    - Yearly performance bonus
    - Paid vacation/sick/personal days
    - Medical benefits
    - Salary: $400 weekly($1,600 monthly)
    Also,there will be compensation for efficiency and hard working.

Thanks
    Graham Guzm
    Email: grahamguzman10@hotmail.com

This list is based on the users active over the last 60 minutes.