Since: Wednesday, May 23, 2012
Email Address: one.ellis74gmail.com
Post Title: Administrative Receptionist
States affected: NC - north carolina
Here is the email I received. The credit reporting website was real. Has anyone seen or received something like this?
D - (Tony)
I would like to thank you for taking the time to apply for our job position.
I am glad to hear from you. Lets go over the description requirements for the job. The following are some of the responsibilities you will have:
* Answering general phone calls for our department.
* Schedule appointments and coordinate customers.
* Handle bank deposits and outbound errands such as for company purchases.
* You will be responsible for a company fleet vehicle.
* You will also be responsible for one of our company credit cards in all official business.
After reviewing your resume, your qualifications are clear and I believe that you are better suited for this position than the other applications I received. I would like to begin the hiring process with you. Now, before I can schedule an interview, company policy dictates that you obtain a recent credit report (from past 2 business days). This policy was created ever since an issue we had with a few of our employees abusing the company credit card accounts.
I prefer and recommend you obtain your credit check here (Credit Report) since we have found them to be the most accurate and their service is free, however you are welcome to use any provider.
After you register with them, you will receive your report. Please do not send me the report via email since it has sensitive information. Instead, have a hard copy with you when we conduct your interview. Also, this report is just a formality and a low credit score will not disqualify you for the position, we will just discuss it together.
When you have obtained your report, email me your telephone number where I can contact you along with what day this week you would like me to schedule the interview on.
I am ready to fill this position this week and am looking forward to meeting with you.
SPG Corporate - Human Resources
Report to the FTC at https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/
May 24, 2012
i just got this exact email. so is this a scam?
May 25, 2012
Yes it is a scam. It's the ol' credit report scam.
Here is a previous post that explains what they are trying to do to you.
May 30, 2012
I got the same email today
Thanks flakelist!!!!! i will be coninually checking this site before I answer anyone!
May 31, 2012
You're welcome!! Tell all your friends to check this site as well!! We like it!! ☺
You must be registered and logged in to post comments.
Like Us on Facebook
Login to Your Account
From The Forum...
- Seeking additional information...
- More fake job scammers:...
- It's a scam. Glad you did not...
- I too have been contacted by...
- Robert McGwire Nomination...
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org IP:...
- Obviously a spoof of some sort....
- This is obviously not...
- Ahhh... a Western Union...
- Strange the the CB Security...
- Its not just career builder...
- The email address...
- Here's what Career Builder has...
- I received one in my spam...
- HEADS UP: Now Posting in NJ –...
- I just got one of these as...
37 guests and 0 registered users online.
You are an unregistered user or have not logged in. You can register here.